The Majorcan monarchy splendour

The Majorcan monarchy splendour

The construction of this palace was started by the first king of Majorca in 1274 and completed at the collapse of the kingdom in 1344. The great courtyard is surrounded on two sides by deep loggias. The chapel, on two levels, separates the king’s dwellings from the queen’s whose private lodgings extended to secondary courtyards. The bridle entrance made through a Philippe II courtine dates from the restoration in the 50’s.It is in perfect symbiosis with the splendour of the palace and its kings.

Type de patrimoine : 
Patrimoine civil et militaire
Période : 
Moyen âge
Quartier : 
La Réal et le Palais des rois de Majorque
Voir tous les :