A large architectural grouping almost vanished
The Franciscans convent was built from the 13th century on. A legend attributes its foundation to St François d'Assise himself in 1210. In the 14th century it included three churches ,two cloisters, many conventual buildings and gardens. From this large grouping only Notre Dame des Anges church, turned into a military chapel in the 19th century ,some cloister funeral recesses- important noble families’ graves - are left. The Army fitted out a hospital there at the end of the 17th century ,then got all the buildings in 1792. The Misericord stayed there until 1889,the civilian hospital left the place in 1928.