The Palace of the Corts

The Palace of the  Corts

Its elegant and gothic gallery

Built at the beginning of the 14th century, under Sanç of Majorca, in the heart of the goldsmith and silversmith quarter, the Palace of the Corts, sheltered law courts of Roussillon. This beautiful gothic monument was later occupied by the commercial court from 1792 to 1925. Originally much bigger, divided and transformed several times and restored in the 1970’s, it is only its loggia that remains, an elegant gallery, designed by Rauli Valter,project manager of the entourage of Guillem Sagrera, architect of St-John-the baptist cathedral. The roman arched door made of marble from Baixas, opens on to the patio.

Horaires d'ouverture : 
Sun : 10:30 - 18:30
Mon : 10:30 - 18:30
Tue : 10:30 - 18:30
Wed : 10:30 - 18:30
Thu : 10:30 - 18:30
Fri : 10:30 - 18:30
Sat : 10:30 - 18:30
Type de patrimoine : 
Patrimoine civil et militaire
Période : 
Moyen âge
Quartier : 
Saint-Jean
Voir tous les :