The palace of the deputation
Purity of Aragonese architecture
This palace was built in the second half of the 15th century on Plaça del pa (square of bread) to be the seat in Roussillon of the permanent representation of the diputacio al General or Generalitat .
Its architect, MarcSafont, had already participated in the construction of the Palau de le Generalitat in Barcelona. Occupied after 1659 by the Soveriegn Council of Roussillon,then by law courts, the building was integrated into the townhall in1886. Its trefoil windows with small columns and capitals with leaf patterns and its plain and symetric frontage, pierced by impressive semi circular doors, are of a great purity.