The natural history museum
The mansion built in the 16th century was the residence, during for several centuries, of the Cagarrigas, one of the oldest noble Catalan families. It was enlarged in the 18th century, equipped with a grand staircase and adorned with gypsum decor. Confiscated in 1792, it witnessed sessions of a revolutionary court. From the original building there is only a window bearing coats of arms opening on the patio. Heir of the collections of natural history of the university and philomatic society, the museum, created in 1840, has been there since 1900.