The Minims Convent
A convent of the Counter-Reformation
The Minims whose order was created in 1493 by Saint François de Paule had also been called « brothers of victory » since 1480. In 1575 they built this convent in a part of the old jewish quarter , dedicated the church to Our Lady of the Victory and in 1617 raised a large cloister with two storeys built in bricks and relatively well preserved. The military storehouse was established there in the 19th century. Since it has been bought by the city at the end of the 20 th century, the cloister and the choir of the old church, divided into two by a flooring, have been restored.